All library patrons must present a valid photo identification card to access the collections. University of the Southern Caribbean faculty, staff, and students must present their current USC ID at the Circulation desk, in order to borrow materials.
- The patron is responsible for all items checked out on his ID card whether or not the patron received or read notices.
- Patrons are liable for all items checked out on their ID whether or not they actually do the checkout themselves or that they lend their cards to others.
- Patrons must be alert of the status of their library count and constantly monitor due dates or recall notices and return library materials accordingly.
- Patrons must keep library materials in good condition and protect them from damage or theft. They are responsible for the cost of repair or replacement of items if damaged or lost;
- Patrons are responsible for returning the materials they borrow by the due date. As a courtesy reminder, notices are sent to patrons before material becomes overdue, and when they are overdue.
Holds & Recall
If a patron has checked out an item that you need, you may recall it for your use. Open stacks and Special Collection material are subject to recall by the library after the current user has had the material for at least 7 days. When a library material is recalled, the computer generates a recall notice with a new due date and sends it to the current borrower. The current borrower has to return the item by the new due date. An overdue fine of $3.00 per day (Open Stacks and Special); $ 6.00 per day (reserve) per item is charged when recalled items are not returned on time.
You You may renew your materials online using “MyLibrary Account” or in person at the Circulation desk .
All library materials may be returned to the Circulations Counter.
Lost of Book Fees
A patron who has lost a library item will be charged for the replacement of the lost item. The patron has two options:
- Pay the lost book fee generated by the Library Management System
- Replace the item with the updated edition and pay $5 processing fee.